Should General Hospital recast Jax?

By J. Leonard

Ever since Ingo Rademacher was fired from General Hospital a few months ago, the question on everyone’s mind is, should the character be recast with another actor.

Before we attack the question, let’s recap the events that led to his dismissal from the show.  On November 8th, 2021, the actor was fired from General Hospital for refusing to comply with the productions (and to note, the country wide mandate) vaccine mandate. He also liked a tweet that was aimed negatively at trans people that co-stars Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis) and Cassandra James took him to task about.  Grahn later tweeted “The fellow actor, #IngoRademacher, is mercifully no longer a part of the #gh cast.” It is to note that he is not the only General Hospital actor to have refused to follow the mandate, Steve Burton was also let go, ironically, he had contracted the virus a few months earlier.

The chances of him returning to the ABC soap is slim to none cause to make matters worse, he his also suing the soap for this termination.

So, when asked on our Twitter feed¹ if ABC should recast the role of Jax, the results were a little surprising.  57.1% responded no. It is unclear if it’s because they feel the character is no longer needed on the canvas (now that Nina as moved on with Sonny) or they want the original actor back. The other 42.9% seemed to want a recast.

It is to note that Ingo starred for a few months on “The Bold and the Beautiful” as a recast for Thorne Forrester, but that did not stick and the original actor, Windsor Harmon, as since returned for a special Brooke-Centric episode at the end of March.

¹ Source: The poll ended on April 10th 2022 with 14 votes in total.

Leave a Reply